Conceal Minor Imperfections with Porcelain Veneers
If your teeth are chipped, cracked, or discolored, Dr. Todd Shainholtz can place porcelain veneers at his Eagle, CO, practice to quickly improve the appearance of your smile. This cosmetic treatment can conceal cracks, deep stains, or even disproportionate teeth with a simple, two-appointment procedure.
Purpose of Veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin shells placed over a tooth to improve its appearance. Veneers are used to hide aesthetic issues that do not respond to other cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening or dental bonding. These issues might range from cracks or stains, gaps between teeth, to disproportionate tooth shape and size.
Advantages of Veneers
Veneers offer a number of benefits, including:
- Natural appearance: The variety of colors, smooth texture, and translucent quality make porcelain a believable and natural-feeling substitute for tooth enamel.
- Stain resistant: Veneers do not need to be regularly bleached or replaced to maintain a healthy color.
- Color-matching: Dr. Shainholtz offers veneers in a range of shades that can be color-matched to each patient’s smile. This way, the veneer blends in seamlessly with the surrounding teeth.
- Conservation of dental tissue: While a tooth must be altered in order to accommodate veneer placement, it is a much more conservative approach than dental crowns - less than a millimeter of enamel is removed to make room for the veneer.
- Concealment of intrinsic stains: Deep dental stains will not respond to teeth whitening. In this case, veneers are often the best means of achieving a consistent shade throughout your smile.
- Symmetry: In addition to concealing imperfections, veneers can create attractive symmetry in your smile. For example, if you have a single misaligned tooth, veneers can make your smile look completelyy uniform in a fraction of the time it would take to undergo orthodontic treatment.
Patients should keep in mind that veneers will eventually need to be replaced. However, with proper care, veneers can often last as long as 20 years.
Candidacy for Veneers
Most patients interested in the procedure can qualify. Veneers are particularly helpful if you want to conceal:
- Dental stains that do not respond to teeth whitening
- Worn-down teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Patients considering veneers will first consult with Dr. Shainholtz to determine candidacy. He will ask about your goals and thoroughly explain your options, ensuring you understand the benefits and disadvantages of the procedure, and to determine if it is right for you.
What Can I Expect at My Appointment?
Receiving porcelain veneers typically takes two appointments: one to prepare the teeth and the other to place the veneers. After examining your teeth, Dr. Shainholtz will remove a small layer of enamel and take impressions of the tooth being treated. An off-site lab will create veneers tailored to your smile within one to two weeks. When they are complete, you can return for placement.
Contact Us Today
If you want to enhance your smile and conceal minor imperfections, porcelain veneers can be the right treatment for you. Here at the Dental Arts of Eagle, we care about people, not just teeth. Reach out today to schedule an appointment and discuss your concerns and treatment goals with us.
“I've been coming to this dentist office my entire life, as long as I can remember. I've had a great experience here and I wouldn't go anywhere else.” Travis L.